Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Hard Sun


When I walk beside her,
I am the better man
When I look to leave her,
I always stagger back again

Once I built an ivory tower
so I could worship from above
When I climbed down to be set free,
she took me in again

When she comes to greet me,
she is mercy at my feet
When I see her bitter charm,
she just throws it back at me

Once I dug an early grave
to find a better land
She just smiled, then laughed at me
and took her blues back again

When I go to cross that river,
she is comfort by my side
When I try to understand,
she just opens up her hands

Once I stood to lose her
when I saw what I had done
Bound down and threw away the hours
of her garden and her sun

So I tried to warn her,
I turned to see her weep
Forty days and forty nights
and it's still coming down on me

No comments:

Post a Comment