Saturday, August 21, 2010

The truth

The last few years have been a continuous cycle of both self destruction, and self discovery for me. I’ve experienced more than I ever thought I could, seen and done things that have defined me. Been loved and hated, by others and myself. Enjoyed great success and trudged through devastating failures. Lost people that meant the world to me, found new friends.. and both lost and found myself somewhere along the way. Aye, there’s the rub, as jolly ol’ Hammy would say, I HAVE found myself. I know that for sure. Don’t get me wrong. I won’t for a second pretend that I have it all figured out, but after years, arguably the first time in my life, my words and actions reflect what I think and how I truly feel. That might not seem much to a stranger, but anyone who’s had to deal with me for an extended period of time would agree that masks and disguises, figuratively speaking, were somewhat of an obsession with me.
I know desire is fluid, and I’ve experienced Out of sight, Out of mind first hand. And most things you though, or hoped, would last forever are temporary.
I know what I want now, in this moment. But I would be an absolute hypocrite if I were to hold a wishy-washy state of mind against somebody.
If I have you, I want all of you, with resolute faith and no room for doubt. I promise the same in return and I’m prepared to wait for it.
If not, then I guess you were right. It lasted as long as it was supposed to.
Either way, halfway there is no longer and option.

And if you said
This life ain't good enough
I would give
My world to lift you up
I could change my life
To better suit your mood
Because your so smooth yeah

And It's just like the ocean Under the moon
Well it's the same as the emotion that I get from you
You got the kinda loving that can be so smooth Yeah
Give me your heart
Make it real
Or else forget about it

1 comment:

  1. what does being young have anything to do with anything..

    ReplyDelete