Saturday, April 24, 2010

Moon river and me..

Watched Breakfast at Tiffany's for about the millionth time today.. Its still brilliant.. and the following still remains my favorite bit.. and for any unfortunate slobs who haven't seen the movie, you're really missing something.. Audrey Hepburn is nothing short of a vision.. 

Holly, I'm in love with you.
So what?
So what? So plenty! I love you. You belong to me.
No. People don’t belong to people.
Of course they do.
I'll never let anyone put me in a cage!
I don't want to put you in a cage, I wanna love you.
Same thing!
No it's not, Holly--
I'm not Holly! I'm not Lulu Mae either. I don't know who I am. I'm like Cat here. We're a couple of no-name slobs. We belong to nobody, and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other.
You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-you-are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a "wild thing," and you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment